Sunday, June 8, 2014

Safari

6/7/14
This morning, I woke at 5 to go on a day safari with 3 other people who had not signed up for the full weekend safari (which all the other people we had arrived with on Sunday had decided to go on).  The drive took 2.5 hours to get to Ruaha National Park, which is about 20,000 square kilometers.  We drove around in the safari car from 9 until about 4:30pm, stopping along the way to take photos of giraffes, elephants, warthogs, zebras, lions, and plenty of other animals.  It was amazing how big the park was, as well as how much dust we all got covered in (my clothes were so dirty by the time we got back to the house).

Most of the good photos won't be posted until I get back because they were taken on my camera, but some came out ok on my phone.  Looking forward to a relaxing day tomorrow where I don't need to be anywhere or do anything, but I will probably end up doing a night shift at the hospital anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment