Thursday, May 29, 2014

Heading Off

As a background and introduction for those who are unfamiliar with my trip, I am off to Iringa, Tanzania (the map below indicates where I will be) on Friday, May 30th and participating in a medical placement through the month of June.  I will be staying in Iringa at the Gap Medics house with approximately 40 other students from different countries and will be working at Iringa Regional Hospital.  Here, I will shadowing doctors in different departments in addition to attending "global health tutorials", which are classes to teach us about local health concerns and challenges.  


On the first week, I will be in the outpatient department, which is similar to a hospital emergency department and on the second week I will be shadowing doctors in the internal female medicine department.  My final two weeks, I will be in pediatrics and surgery.  For now, those are all the background details... more to come when I arrive!

*For more information about the program, hospital, etc. the following links are helpful (Mama and Papa, check them out)
http://www.gapmedics.com/destinations/tanzania
http://www.gapmedics.com/programs/pre-medicine 

No comments:

Post a Comment